I recently made these chocolate covered strawberries for a friend’s bridal shower. I received a lot of positive feedback and recipe requests. There was some disbelief when I claimed that these were really easy to make, but I’m here to show you just how simple it can be.
You will need:
- 2lbs strawberries
- 12oz milk chocolate chips
- 3oz white chocolate chips
1. Heat an inch of water on medium until it starts to boil, then turn off heat. Place bowl of milk chocolate on top of pot, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
2. Stir chocolate, until it’s all melty and smooth. Remove pot from heat.
3. Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. You’re now ready for dipping. The setup should be melty chocolate, strawberries, and parchment.
4. It’s dipping time! Hold a strawberry near its leaves and swirl it around in the chocolate. Pull up and twist to wrap the extra chocolate around. (Yes, your fingers will get chocolaty). Rest the dipped strawberry on the parchment paper.
5. Next, heat the white chocolate as described in Steps 1 and 2.
6. Using a fork, drizzle the melted white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.
7. Allow strawberries to set, for about 30 minutes. (You can pop them in the fridge to speed up the process.)
See, I told you it was easy! The end product looks great; many guests thought the strawberries were store bought. Considering I’ve seen these strawberries selling for $2 each, this is definitely a more economical way to dress up your dessert table. Try it!