Cathay Pacific airline is holding “The Art of Dessert” contest – and the winning submission may be served on Cathay’s international flights! How cool would that be? Pret-ty cool, if you ask me! If you’d like to see my lychee souffle served across the world, please vote for my Steamed Lychee Souffle on the Cathay Facebook page! (Directions on how to vote below)
1. “Like” the Cathay Facebook page (must be a Facebook member)
2. Click on the “Art of Dessert” tab
3. Find “Steamed Lychee Souffle” (I’m on one of the first few pages)
4. LIKE it! 🙂
Want to know how to make the souffle? Keep reading.
You will need:
6 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
Zest of 1 lemon
1/4 cup lychee syrup (from a can of lychees)
3/4 cup milk
This recipe makes 5 souffles.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine 3 tbsp sugar, the flour and the salt
3. Separate the eggs
4. Beat the egg yolks. Whisk in zest, lychee syrup, and mlik.
5. Add flour mixture to yolk mixture.
6. In separate bowl, whip the 3 egg whites till foamy. Gradually add in 3 tbsp sugar and whip till whites form soft peaks.
7. Gently fold whites into yolk mixture
8. Divide mixture into the 5 ramekins. Place ramekins in 9×13″ baking pan, and fill pan halfway with water.
9. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 min, or until souffles are puffy and middles are set.
10. Let cool and garnish with lychees. Enjoy!
Sound yummy? Then please vote for me HERE! 🙂