The year is almost half over and I’ve stalled on my Veggie Resolution. You know what that means – time for another veggie recipe! This time I’m featuring one of my favorite vegetables – asparagus, which is plentiful in the summer! This recipe is simple, quick and delicious.
You will need:
1 lb asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt, to taste
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese shavings
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Meanwhile, prepare asparagus by breaking off the rough ends. They should break naturally at the perfect point – easy peasy!
2. This step is optional, but I like peeling the ends of each stalk as well – it makes for a more tender veggie.
3. Place asparagus in shallow baking dish and toss with olive oil, minced garlic and lemon juice. Season with salt.
4. Bake 7-8 minutes, until stalks are tender and slightly browned.
5. Top with Parmesan and pop back into the oven for 1-2 more minutes.
Asparagus fan? Yay or nay?