Happy Wednesday, Noshers! While I’m still recovering from a food-filled trek through Alaska and Oregon, I’m excited to participate in an exciting series today! Partnering with Kitchen PLAY, I am one of 30 bloggers participating in the “30 Days of Outdoor Dining” series – quite appropriate after my outdoorsy trip.
As a selected blogger, I had the opportunity to sample LAND O LAKES® 4 Cheese Italian Blend and was tasked with coming up with a fun, simple and outdoors-friendly way of incorporating it into a recipe. Right up my alley!
LAND O LAKES® 4 Cheese Italian Blend is brand new – so new in fact, that I had to ask several deli managers and multiple supermarkets if they had it (the one that did have it didn’t even know until he checked in the back!). But the effort was worth it – a blend of Asiago, Parmesan, Romano and American cheeses, it provides a step-up from your typical sandwich deli cheese. Tangy, sharp, yet “playing well” with other ingredients, I wanted to really let the cheese shine.
Bread, butter, tomato, garlic, LAND O LAKES® 4 Cheese Italian Blend
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 2 slices of LAND O LAKES® 4 Cheese Italian Blend
- One tomato, sliced
- One clove of garlic, minced
1. Butter the 2 slices of whole grain bread, and place on heated griddle butter-side down.
2. Place one slice of cheese on each piece of bread.
3. Layer tomato slices and minced garlic over cheese.
4. When cheese starts to melt, press the two slices of bread together, tomato-to-tomato. Press down on sandwich with spatula, flipping once. The sandwich is ready when the cheese is ooey-gooey and the outside is toasty!
I’m so glad this opportunity allowed me to discover this new-to-me (and new in itself) cheese blend. I’m a sucker for all things dairy! Thank you Kitchen PLAY! 🙂
As mentioned before, this post is part of a series in partnership with Kitchen PLAY and Land O Lakes -be sure to check Kitchen PLAY every day for the next fabulous recipe featuring new LAND O LAKES® 4 Cheese Italian Blend or LAND O LAKES® Deli American Cheese. But wait, there’s more! Leave a comment with your own “30 Days of Outdoor Dining” tip for dining al fresco this summer, and you’ll be entered to win a lovely grilling prize pack, including one grilling spatula, one marinade brush, one set of tongs and one grill scraper. Kitchen PLAY will be giving away four prizes total, one each week! Please visit Kitchen PLAY for sweepstakes guidelines.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Land O’Lakes as part of the Kitchen PLAY SideCar series. All opinions given are my own.