Happy Weekend Noshers! My next Holiday Gift Guide + Giveaway item will be revealed on Monday, so make sure to check back bright and early to enter to win :). I usually don’t post on weekends, but I just had to pop in to let you know that I’m featured on Cardstore.com’s Hipster Christmas blog today! Check it out; it’s pretty awesome :). Today I’m sharing the first of my two recipes that will be featured on the Hipster Christmas site – behold the Be Still My Heart popsicle! I was really curious about how they would turn out, and I’m glad to report they turned out FANTABULOUS. But don’t take my word for it, try making them yourself. I mean – chocolate + peanut butter + bacon + banana + sea salt… how can you go wrong??
You will need:
“Be Still My Heart” Popsicles
Serves 3 regular people or 1 non-sharer
- 1 banana, not too ripe
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 1 slice of bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- sea salt
Note: You’ll need 3 lollipop or popsicle sticks, or something that can sub for them
1. Peel banana, cut into thirds and insert lollipop sticks.
2. Cover bananas with peanut butter and place on parchment-lined plate or baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. Melt chocolate chips in microwave-safe cup, about 2 minutes
4. Dip frozen peanut butter banana pop in chocolate until completely coated. Sprinkle each pop with chopped bacon and sea salt, and place back on cookie sheet.
5. Refreeze pops until set and frozen, at least 1 hour.
A little funny-looking? Perhaps. Amazingly delicious? Definitely! I dare you to try making these – let me know what you think!
Are you a bacon fan?