Greetings, Noshers! Man, I feel like a broken record, but this is one more week that just seems non-stop! I attended some really fun events this and last week (French cooking class, anyone? How about pasta making class or a prosciutto party?) and just need to find the time to write the posts to tell you all about them! But today, I’d like to share with you an event that I will be attending this weekend, that I am SUPER excited about!
Yes – a festival all about the beloved and much-touted ramp! On Saturday, May 4th, the city of Hudson, New York, will host the third annual Ramp Fest, a celebration of the arrival of spring’s first forageable delicacy! For the uninitiated, the ramp is a member of the onion family – to me, I imagine it to be the delectable love-child of a spring onion and garlic. Yum! Ramp Fest will feature delicious food, drinks, and live music. Fun!!
And just to really make your mouths water, I’ve been given a little preview of some of the restaurants, chefs and delectable dishes that will be served at Ramp Fest – here are some of my faves!
- Swoon Kitchenbar with Chef Jeff Gimmel serving socca crepes filled with braised lambs tongue and grilled ramp romesco sauce
- Fish & Game with Chef’s Zakary Pelaccio & Jori Jayne Emde
- Applewood with Chef David Shea serving ramp vichyssoise with ramp oil
- Blueberry Hill Market Café with Chef Melanie Hunt serving wild blueberry flapjack sandwiches stuffed with maple ramp sausage
- Gallow Green with Chef R.L. King serving charred ramp and Carolina rice custard and ramp pesto
- Another Fork in the Road with Chef Jamie Perry
- Bonfiglio & Bread with Chef Gaby Gulilmetti
- Ca’Mea with Chef Timothy Storrs
- Club Helsinki with Chef Hugh Horner
- The Crimson Sparrow with Chef Benjamin Freemole
- The Farm on Adderley with Chef Stephen
- The Farmer’s Wife with Job Yacubian
- Fresh Company with Chef Shelley Boris
- Gigi Hudson Valley with Chef Wilson
- Market St. and Cucina with Chef Gianni Scappin
- Miss Lucy’s Kitchen with Chef’s Marc Proper & Justin Balzer
- Panzur with Chef Rei Peraza
- The Red Dot with Chef Marc Luciano
- Red Onion with Chef Kevin Katz
- Speedy Romeo with Chef Jef Deisel
Ramp Fest will be held at the Basilica Hudson, a 19th century industrial factory transformed into an event and festival space. Super importantly for city-dwellers like myself, it is located directly across from the Hudson Amtrak Station, just 2 hours direct from New York City! I’m definitely going to make a day trip out of it!
Tickets are $30 in advance or $35 at the door. I hope to see you there!!! 🙂
Have you had ramps before? Are you a ramp fan?