Heeeeey, Noshers! Did you miss me? I sure missed all of you! I’m super excited to be able to start blogging a bit more regularly going forward, especially as the weather gets warmer and spring and summer food events kick off! Today, I’m happy to pop in as a Walkers Shortbread Blogger Ambassador and share both a super simple, decadent recipe AND a discount code so you can try the recipe out for yourself!
As an Ambassador, I receive classic as well as new Walkers products to sample. And as an Ambassador, I am able to provide all of you (!) with promo codes each month that allow you free or discounted product! Here are the details for this month’s code:
- Code is BASPRING2014 for 20% off your entire purchase 🙂
- Valid: Mar 20 – Mar 27 (next Thursday!)
This month, I received the following samples in the Walkers Shortbread line-up:
- Walkers Shortbread Rounds
- Stem Ginger Biscuits
- Mini Scottie Dog Shortbread
- Scottie Dog Shortbread
- Assorted Animal Shapes
The theme this month is “Recipes to Spring into the New Season”, and since today is the first day of Spring, I wanted to put together a light, refreshing parfait that would be easy on the ingredients and effort! I used the Stem Ginger biscuits, honey, Greek yogurt, and a tangerine (though any citrus of your choice would probably be delish!)
Walkers Shortbread Ginger Citrus Parfait
- 3 Walkers Shortbread Stem Ginger Biscuits
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tangerine or citrus fruit of your choice, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 clear container
1. In a plastic bag, crush the Stem Ginger Biscuits until you have rough crumbs. Spread a layer of crumbs on the bottom of the container
2. Layer on a third of the Greek yogurt, tangerine pieces, and drizzle with honey
3. Repeat the above layering order until you reach the top of the container, and garnish with remaining citrus pieces.
These Walkers Shortbread ginger citrus parfaits make for a tangy wake-me-up on a lazy weekend morning and are sooo easy. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
And since these biscuits were SO cute, I had to just post a pic – I’ll be breaking into these next:
- 20% off Walkers Shortbread! (And I’m an Ambassador!)
- Recipe: Mini Cranberry Cheesecakes with a Walkers Shortbread Crust
- Recipe: Hazelnut Banoffee Tartlets with a Walkers Shortbread Crust
FTC Disclosure: As a Walkers Shortbread Blogger Ambassador, I do not receive monetary compensation. However, I do receive Walkers Shortbread product to sample. All opinions expressed in this and all blog posts are my own.
What are your favorite parfait ingredients?