Delicious goodness from last year’s Ramp Fest
Happy Tuesday, on this last lovely day of April! With the heralding of warmer days comes one of my favorite seasonal farmer’s market buys – the aromatic and flavorful ramp. I’m super excited to share with you an event I will be attending this Saturday – Ramp Fest 2014. I attended Ramp Fest 2013 (see my picture-heavy recap here) and it was absolutely mouth-watering!!
This year’s event takes place at the same amazingly gorgeous venue – the Basilica Hudson in Hudson, NY.
Here are just some of the dishes I’ll be chowing down on:
- Ramp blini with ramp cured smoked trout and ramp Kim chi – Another Fork in the Road – Chef Jamie Parry
- Ramp butter puff pastry pigs in a blanket with ramp relish – Bonfiglio & Bread – Chef Gaby Gulielmetti
- Grilled ramp polenta with a goat cheese and ramp pesto tapenade with Hudson Valley Foie Gras smoked duck – Ca’Mea – Chef Timothy Storrs
- Grilled ramps folded with Anson Mills Grits with Rawson Brook Farm Goat Cheese topped with smoked tomato aioli – Helsinki Hudson – Chef Hugh Horner
- Adirondack Creamery Ice Cream on a Ramp Pastry – Whole Foods Market
I’ll be taking the Amtrak up to Hudson, which is absolutely lovely – or it’s also a leisurely drive from NYC. Tickets are $30 in advance, or $35 at the door (but only 1,000 will be sold so I suggest you buy in advance :)). If you are free this Saturday, I can’t think of a lovelier, more delicious way to get out of the city and spend your weekend! Hope to see you there!
Have you had ramps before?