Today, I’m happy to pop in as a Walkers Shortbread Blogger Ambassador and share both a super simple, decadent recipe AND a discount code so you can try the recipe out for yourself!
As an Ambassador, I receive classic as well as new Walkers products to sample. And as an Ambassador, I am able to provide all of you (!) with promo codes each month that allow you free or discounted product! Here are the details for this month’s code:
- Code is BADESSERT2014 for 20% off your entire purchase
- Valid through May 30 (this Friday!!!)
This month, I received the following samples in the Walkers Shortbread line-up:
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread
- Shortbread Petticoat Tails
- Assorted Shortbread
The theme this month is “Delicious Desserts for May”, and I thought it would be a good time to embellish my favorite Downtown Abbey snack. Keeping it simple (yet fancy), I put together a few shortbread dippers that would go wonderfully with my Earl Grey tea. Yum!
Walkers Shortbread Dippers
- 1 package of Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread
- 1/2 cup chocolate pieces (I used white, but you can also use milk or dark – yum!)
- Toppings, such as sprinkles and nuts
- Wax Paper
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate pieces at 50% power in 30-second increments until melted, stirring periodically. In the meantime, line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. One by one, dip the shortbread in the melted chocolate and place on wax paper.
3. Immediately sprinkle toppings on dipped shortbread cookies.
4. Chill in the fridge for at least half an hour. Enjoy!
These Walkers Shortbread dippers are perfect for my Downtown Abbey watching and are a fun project for kids and kids-at-heart like myself. And be creative with your ingredients – I think I’ll next try dark chocolate with candied orange pieces!
My previous Walkers Shortbread posts:
- 20% off Walkers Shortbread! (And I’m an Ambassador!)
- Recipe: Mini Cranberry Cheesecakes with a Walkers Shortbread Crust
- Recipe: Hazelnut Banoffee Tartlets with a Walkers Shortbread Crust
- Recipe: Ginger Citrus Parfait with Walkers Shortbread
FTC Disclosure: As a Walkers Shortbread Blogger Ambassador, I do not receive monetary compensation. However, I do receive Walkers Shortbread product to sample. All opinions expressed in this and all blog posts are my own.
What are your favorite dipper toppings?